Red Bull Racing Australia’s new recruit, Shane Van Gisbgergen, kicked off his year of racing on Aussie turf with an epic win yesterday at the Bathurst 12 Hour.
While SVG was enjoying the champagne showers, we were at home suffering from serious FOMO and it got us thinking ahead to the (albeit quite far away) Enduro season. It’s no secret, we’ve got a massive year in front of us, but with another fresh driver joining the fold, we couldn’t be more excited. Although the engineers are working overtime to perfect their Frenglish in anticipation of the new arrival.
Now that the announcement of Alex Premat joining SVG as co-driver of the No.97 Holden is out in the open, we can get to know the Las Vegas-residing Frenchman a little better.
With an impressive resume covering everything from V8 Supercars to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, AP has raced with the best of them.
But what do we know about him off the track? The new kid on the block shares with us 10 things you didn’t know about him.
- I am the father of two beautiful girls, Zoe and Sasha, who were both born in Paris with my wife Cleo.
- My family and I moved to Las Vegas only last year. I work there as Team Manager at the new EXR Racing Series.
- I ran the New York marathon in 3 hours and 31 minutes.
- I am a fan of the Hawthorne Hawks; I follow AFL since I used to live in Melbourne.
- I fancy myself as a bit of a chef. My top recipes to cook are crepes and tarte tatin (a special French reversed apple pie). Recently I added a new dish to my list – the Pavlova.
- I love skiing in the French Alps every year and now in California at Sierra Nevada.
- I collect wine from all around the world, especially red wine from Bordeaux.
- My favorite TV shows are The Flash, Arrow and Game of Thrones.
- I listen to electronic music a lot and I often go to see David Guetta play at the XS in Vegas.
- I am really into my fitness. I train in Mauy Thai and Cross Fit.
Clearly a man of many talents, Alex is going to be right at home in the RBRA garage. Oh, and we are most definitely taking that as a hint that he wants to cook the team a French banquet at the Enduro test day. Maybe he can even get David Guetta to come play a set and then take us through a Cross Fit routine to burn off the crepes.
Welcome to the team, AP!